Hop on this helicopter ASAP. Or better yet ladies, hop on this diamond cinderella carriage as soon as you can. Have you heard about this yet? The law of attraction, my friends. The law of attraction. This shit, is cool. This shit is something that is overlooked, underrated, and totally underestimated. Wake up. Toughen up. This world is not nice. Reality will not play nice with you. You must take control of your own destiny. It is absolutely possible. I’m getting kind of intense right now about this law of attraction thing because this shit is real. Believe it.
I’m going to walk through this topic in a way that is constructive for me in hopes that it is just as constructive for you. This concept is building off my last post about designing your life with vision boards. This concept is very similar, but is much more powerful if you actually put your intentions into actions. Let’s deep dive this and get into the details of the law of attraction:
Law of Attraction – the belief that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, people can bring positive or negative experiences into their life
Put even more simply, the law of attraction is the ability to attract into our lives whatever we are focusing on. This idea is physics, philosophical, and psychological. Being that I have an engineering background, my nerd side drifts towards whether the science is indeed factual. The law of attraction for a long time has been a topic of debate with arguments like: science can’t prove it, it’s not scientifically real, it’s pseudoscience (no scientific evidence). However, slowly as science has progressed, there have been small success studies piecing together some evidence that this theory is scientifically true.
I’m not going to get nitty gritty into the scientific side, I don’t want to bore you with that. But if you want me to get factually detailed, reach out in the comments and let me know! I’ve also linked a few articles if you want to browse on your own. Some people resonate better with the law of attraction when the theory is proven factual and scientifically true. Some of us however might not really need the facts, we just need to understand the power of the mental concept behind this. What I really want to talk about is how you can use the concept, how you can apply it and how to start using the law of attraction to your advantage.
The law of attraction is based on the concept that like attracts like. Things in our universe – objects, people, thoughts, feelings – tend to migrate towards one another if there is something that attracts the other to it. It’s a universal principle in quantum physics. What makes it hard to believe or understand, is that it seems kind of magical. How the hell can I start thinking about a mansion on the oceanside and then it becoming where I live in real life? This is where we have to dig deep with our relationship with our self and our relationship with the universe. Do you believe you can influence your thoughts and actions? Or do you think that the universe makes things happen to you?
The universal truth is, your thoughts do have an effect on your surroundings and events that happen around you. If you are able to come in tune with these relationships, it is then that you can begin to attract things into your life. If you are able to understand the content that you want to attract into your life and you understand the energy you need to expend to bring that content into your life, then we’re talkin’. There are lots of celebrities that have talked about how they feel they’ve successfully used the law of attraction and why they believe in it.
Make a choice of what you want, who you want to be and how you’re going to do it. The universe will get out of your way – Will Smith
- Make the Decision – I can’t help but think of Captain Jack Sparrow and his compass. Fun fact, I’m a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan. Remember how he has to decide what he wants first, and then the compass will point him in the right direction? Remember what happened when he couldn’t decide what he wanted? Poor Jack didn’t know what direction to go and his compass was then broken. This is exactly like the law of attraction – you must know what you want before you know what way to go. As long as you have a clear mind and know exactly what you want, finding the direction of where to put your energy towards becomes a lot easier.
- Believe in Yourself – If you don’t wholeheartedly believe you deserve what you are seeking, the universe will know and will make it much harder to get what you want. Whatever deep-rooted doubts or fears you have, you must address those with love and forgiveness. Otherwise, those internal negative feelings will compete with the energy you should be releasing to what you desire. The love you have for yourself is very important and will help combat the obstacles that come your way.
- Practice Awareness – Throughout your journey, you will probably be approached with the opportunity to try new things. In order to get something you’ve never had you must be willing to try things you’ve never done. Instead of being afraid or having doubt in yourself trying something new, you can be thankful that you’ve been given the opportunity to do something you’ve never done and try your best. This is called gratitude. This mindful practice has been known to help adjust your mindset to make you more open to possibilities. Do not let this concept of how your thoughts attract your surroundings make you feel guilty or ashamed of events that have already happened. If your fears have already manifested negative events in your life, do not feel responsible for your failure. Work on your new awareness with your new thoughts and use gratitude to help accept what has already happened. Focus on where you are now, who you are now, and work with your current and most relevant self.
- Take Action – Nope. You can’t just think of things and they’ll happen. You must take action. Go out and start doing what you most desire to do. Take baby steps. Jack Sparrow had to go find his first crew in the bar to be able to sail his ship! He didn’t know a single crew member except for Mr. Gibbs, but he knew he needed a crew to sail to his next destination. Get out of your comfort zone, believe in yourself, and start taking action. Want to fit into a size 2 instead of a size 4? Go buy those jeans in a size 2. Act like you are going to achieve your intention and you are already well on your way to putting that positive energy into what you want. Taking action shouts loud and clear to the universe that you are ready for change.
- Persistence & Patience – There is no specific timeline for how long it will take you to manifest what you want in your life. If you feel stuck or impatient, you can revisit these steps along the way. Are you starting to doubt yourself? Return to Step 2. Do you not feel as connected with your direction? Return to Step 1. Are you losing your belief in this concept? Return to Step 3. Above all, the persistence and consistency of energy that you are able to maintain directed to what you want most, will inevitably yield you your result.
You can create your reality. With your energy you put forth, your intention you have within you, and the actions you perform – you can attract the things you want most. But let me be brutally honest, you better be ready to work. You better be ready to put the hours in. You must be focused, committed and dedicated to the one who’s running the show – YOU. You don’t have a coach telling you what to do, you won’t have anyone else making sure you work on your vision. This is purely and indefinitely your own endeavor. And I have absolute confidence in you that you can do it!!!