Is the childhood fantasy going too far? Mermaids are everywhere! Welcome the fad of everything shiny, beachy, and a little bit sexy. Girls and women everywhere are “hooked” on mermaids. (LOL) But no, seriously. Mermaids are freaking amazing. Their long beachy hair, bright and shiny tail, and usually up to something mischievous or just trying to have fun. Whether mythical creature or not, modern day is embracing “mermaid culture”.
Why? What does that even mean? At BecauseGirls, mermaid stuff is all around good vibes. Our tops are cute and phone cases cuter, but there is a little bit of passion and soul behind making our collection. Your fashion doesn’t just have to be any ol’ t-shirt, but your fashion should be a part of who you are. The release of our Mermaid Collection is a statement for ocean conservation awareness and mermaid culture. The culture? Let’s review:
Get Your Tail to the Beach
- Get your butt out of your comfort zone and go travel. Extend your horizons and do something you’ve never done before or go somewhere you have never been!
Be Shore of Yourself
- Believe in your gut and trust it’s taking you where you want to go. The flow of the ocean is constantly moving, and so will you! If it’s time to switch things up, trust yourself and take a chance.
Don’t Get Tide Down
- Whether from a relationship point of view or a career point of view, don’t let your surroundings make you think you don’t have options! There are so many fish in the sea.
- Be proud of who you are and don’t be afraid to show other people. Waves can look big and scary at first, but once you learn to ride you’ll be searching for bigger ones.
Avoid Pier Pressure
- Lots of mermaids still like to party! I’m not gonna say that’s a bad thing. “Under the Sea” is my jam! Keep the seaweed under control; then there will be more for later. (wink, wink)
Keep Your Beach Clean
- Last, but the MOST important! Your beach – whether that’s your town, city, school, house, workplace, whatever it is – you can make a difference by keeping it clean.
- How? Mermaid culture is more than just throwing trash away – it’s about being mindful of reducing or eliminating use of non-recyclables. Waste, like single-use plastics, are filling our landfills and our oceans causing major disruption in the world’s ecosystems. Making subtle changes in your life can have the power to make a big difference.
Help spread the mermaid culture with our Mermaid Collection and find your inner ocean goddess!
Mermaid Mafia: wrecking havoc by acting on what you believe in
Hashtag #becausemermaids AND #becausegirls when posting to your social media about how you are taking part in mermaid culture!